Wednesday, May 20, 2009

When I think of gardens...

I think of The Godfather Films.  

So obviously I'm going to name every plant after a character from the film.  

And obviously I'm going to name the ones that seem to be growing best after characters I like.  

And obviously you need to see them grow so you can pick a name that suits their look and character.

Otherwise you get a boring name like Jon.

My cousin Scortavio wasn't named til he was 9.  Now look at him.



















You: "...But Jon, I'm a horrible human who doesn't have time to watch THE GODFATHER."

Me: "This may suffice until you get a soul."  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul)


What? You can't speak internet link?  That's too bad.


Oh, almost forgot.

I gardened today.


Some people pronounce them "Jalapeno", but I've always said "Jalapeno." Weird.

My first "Myspace"-y picture. LOLZ :-)


I know what you're thinking.  Of course I photoshopped my nose to look bigger. 
 As a joke...

Join me on a journey to not being the second palest person I know.



2 comments:

  1. hi jon,

    I am in GTA (Vaughan) and this is my first year gardening here. Where can I get tomatoes and what kind would you recommend? I assume it's safe to plant them outside in the next days (never mind the scorch :-)

    I checked Angelo's Gardens and they had pretty big plants for 11.50 (I forgot what type..) seems kinda expensive.

    Is it 'normal' price?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know much about gardening. Sorry.

    Go to a local garden store, I'm lucky there's one across the road. 4 tomato plants should cost you 1.30$. Much smaller than the 11.50 ones.

    I guess, grow a variety you enjoy most. Or ask your local garden store they would know the area's soil.

    Also, I don't know much about gardening.

    ReplyDelete