Tuesday, May 19, 2009

...So I should probably start planting now.

Across the road at the gardening store:

Old lady looked at my drawing and just said yes to everything.  

Amazingly accurate garden rendition?

Or

Old, tired, disinterested lady.

Told to by plant food.  Now I've heard of everything.

You: Jon, we love your blog but we want to know more about you.  What's the deal with you?

Me:  Well, I'm a private person so I'll only give you a small, pet peeve.  I hate when you ask someone simple questions about a product and they just read what's on the carton/bag/toe-tag.  I CAN READ.  I CAN READ BETTER THAN YOU.

I know this because you're 45 and walking 5 bags of dirt across the road to my place.

But I digress... Often.

Bought the soil now I need the plants.

I went with early girl tomatoes.  (better than late ones.)

For those keeping score that's the first menstrual joke.

...and Green peppers and cherry tomatoes.  Because they don't have snow peas.  



Gardening 101:  Bend a tool you use often so it no longer serves a useful purpose.

Oh, did my brute strength get in the way again.  Shucks.


I don't want to 
brag but...
With my bear hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment